Individual Member Benefits
From publications to programs to research, you’ll have access to all the great science.
Be part of the largest global community of neuroscientists and clinicians
With nearly 36,000 members worldwide, SfN is committed to advancing the field of neuroscience through access to venues for sharing great science, support for career development, and public education and outreach.
From annual meeting benefits to support for animal researchers, SfN offers a wealth of resources designed to help members advance their careers and the field of neursocience.
Become an Individual Member
Members-only opportunities for the SfN annual meeting include:
- Presenting an abstract
- Submitting proposals for symposia and minisymposia
- Enjoying reduced registration rates and advanced registration
- Advanced hotel reservations (if you join/renew by Bonus Day)
Career Development and Networking
Members-only professional development and networking opportunities include:
- Premium online career services through NeuroJobs
- Unlimited, year-round access to Neuronline, including webinars and research summaries.
- Automatic membership in the International Brain Research Organization for members outside the United States
- Access to the Member Directory to search for other SfN members and establish connections.
Members enjoy access to the following publications and related benefits:
- Free online access to JNeurosci and a discount subscription to the print version
- 33 percent off publishing fees for both eNeuro and JNeurosci
- Neuroscience Quarterly, SfN's newsletter
- Neuroscience Nexus, SfN's biweekly online newsletter
Members can advance the field and build leadership skills by:
- Educating the public about neuroscience promise and progress, including advocacy training and educational events
- Strengthening the voice of neuroscientists in public policy decision-making
- Serving on SfN committees
- Voting in SfN's annual officers and councilors election
- Sponsoring new member applications
- Starting a local SfN chapter
- Nominating candidates for SfN-sponsored prizes and awards